Since the mid-1990s, the project Gunnebo – Back to the 18th century has been aiming to reconstruct the estate of the Hall family and the architect Carl Wilhelm Carlberg. The basis for all reconstruction work is the preserved drawings and design plans of Carlberg.
The reconstruction of the Orangery, a lavish and richly decorated building of 200 square meters, began in 2013 in the southern formal garden. The original building fell into disrepair after the Hall bankruptcy in 1807 and was demolished before 1830. The reconstruction is based upon the preserved original drawings, contemporary paintings, findings from archaeological excavations and archive studies. Read more about the orangery by clicking here.
Work on recreating the original wood paneling of the house will be carrying on until 2018. The house is surrounded by scaffolding during most of the project. The paneling and facade ornaments are being reconstructed. Historical layers of paint have been found and analyzed.
The latest restoration of the rooms was made in 1949-1952. The Surfaces were then patinated with a linseed oil varnish to give an archaic impression. Preliminary investigations are being carried out in the interior.